At its meeting on 7 July the supervisory board of Messe Berlin GmbH elected Peter Zühlsdorff (73) to the post of chairman. He takes his position on a board comprising high-profile members of international standing from commerce, industry and politics.The appointment of Peter Zühlsdorff, who is also chairman of the supervisory board of the Vivantes group of hospitals, means that after Hans-Joachim Kamp yet another experienced executive will be chairing the supervisory board of Messe Berlin.
Cornelia Yzer, the Berlin Senator for Economics, was appointed first deputy chairwoman of the supervisory board of Messe Berlin.Thomas Jaegler, chairman of the works council of the Messe Berlin group of companies, was elected to the post of second deputy chairman of the supervisory board.
The other members of the supervisory board of Messe Berlin are:
- Ulrike Brabant, head of Customer Services, MB Capital Services GmbH, Berlin
- Jan Eder, general manager of the Berlin Chamber of Industry and Commerce, Berlin
- Thomas Ellerbeck, director, Group Corporate & External Affairs, TUI AG, Hannover
- Klaus Feiler, state secretary, Senate Department of Finances, Berlin
- Ellen Funk, chairwoman of the works council of Messe Berlin GmbH, Berlin
- Ulrike Niggemann, managing director of Dr. Rolf M. Wolf Media GmbH, Düsseldorf
- Dr. Alexander Pett, managing director of Gesellschaft für Unterhaltungs- und Kommunikationselektronik mbH, Frankfurt/Main
- Joachim Rukwied, president of Deutscher Bauernverband e.V., Berlin
- Dirk Schade, project manager of IFA Public Media / Events, Messe Berlin GmbH, Berlin
- Georg Walkenbach, managing partner, Beurer GmbH, Ulm
- Wolf-Dieter Wolf, managing partner, Grundkonzept Financial Services Wirtschaftsberatungs-und Beteiligungsgesellschaft mbH, Berlin
- Norbert Zeglin, regional manager, Procurement, Construction and Technical Services, Messe Berlin GmbH, Berlin