25 February 2020, Hilton Nicosia Hotel
Haris Loizides: “Quality is our compass”
The president of CHA presented ten targeted measures to attain the major goals as set out for tourism
The president of CHA Mr Haris Loizides presented ten targeted measures and projects which will be instrumental in attaining the goals set out for tourism. On the podium of the 42nd Annual Hotel Conference and the 28th Exhibition of Products & Services, which were held today at Hilton Park Hotel in Nicosia, Mr Loizides analysed CHA’s vision for Cyprus’ tourism over the next decade.
Focusing on quality and aiming to substantially increase tourism revenue by 2030, the president of CHA stressed the need to work on exploring new markets, so as to reduce the dependence from the traditional markets for Cyprus.
In particular, the president of CHA proposed to:
- Establish Cyprus as a year-round tourist destination
- Explore new markets and especially the prospect of promoting Cyprus as a European destination for short-term trips to countries in the Middle East, the Arabian Gulf and North Africa
- Enhance our country’s accessibility
- Promote large infrastructure projects that target high-income tourists and develop thematic tourism
- Aesthetically improve tourist areas
- Upgrade our offered product, investing further in authenticity, gastronomy as well as other special features of our island
- Expedite the establishment of Cyprus’ new brand, by promoting all necessary reforms
- Upgrade and modernise hotel units and complete the new institutional framework of hotel classification
- Promote reforms which will further improve our country’s environment for both visitors and investors
- Utilise all the potential and tools that technology and social media platforms have to offer in attracting visitors.
The president of CHA spoke about how the prediction that the phenomena which contained the increase of tourism during 2018 would be even more intense in 2019, was confirmed. He estimated that this year presents similar characteristics, however this should not divert us. “We must work consistently and persistently to promote measures which will contribute to the overall upgrade of our tourism product. The goal of increasing arrivals to five million by 2030 and substantially increasing revenue, will be attained if we proceed with the implementation of very specific projects and promote very targeted measures”, he noted.
According to Mr Loizides, the repositioning of our tourism product and the way we approach it are necessary for successfully restarting our tourism. He urged all professionals of the sector to join forces so as to offer multidimensional experiences to our visitors. Lastly, he assured that on its part, CHA will cooperate consistently and responsibly with the Deputy Ministry of Tourism and other professionals and stakeholders of the industry, in order to attain the goals aimed at economic growth and social prosperity.
Within the framework of the 42nd Annual Hotel Conference, the official ceremony of which was made by the Deputy Minister of Tourism, CHA organised also the 28th Annual Exhibition of Products and Services. The President of CHA stated that “it is a common belief that these two important initiatives of our Association have gradually become a very useful institution for the tourism and hotel industry of our country”.
The Sponsors of the 42nd Annual Hotel Conference and the 28th Annual Exhibition of Products and Services that were organized by CHA, were PwC CYPRUS as the Institutional Honorary Sponsor of the Annual Conferences, CITY OF DREAMS MEDITERRANEAN as the Gold Sponsor, EUROBANK CYPRUS LTD as the Silver Sponsor, AEGEAN AIRLINES for the Exhibition of Products and Services, DEPUTY MINISTRY OF TOURISM for the Guide of Products and Services, HERMES AIRPORTS LTD for the lunch, CYTA as an Official Sponsor and as the Telecommunication Provider, THEOVA UHS ENTERPRISE SOLUTIONS LTD for the Coffee Breaks, LOUIS HOTELS for the offer of the Cyprus Breakfast and the HILTON NICOSIA HOTEL for the services and hospitality that they offer.
The CHA President thanked all the speakers of the Conference, both from abroad and from Cyprus, “for their very detailed and documented presentations and suggestions”, the participants at the Exhibition of Products & Services and the organizations that contributed to the successful implementation of these two important events of the Association.
We attach relevant photos from the Official Ceremony of the CHA Conference and from the Official Opening of the Exhibition of Products & Services.